Do You Really Need a Wedding Planner?
YES! YES! YES! YES!
So you recently got engaged and if you are like most brides, you have been thinking about your dream wedding for years. You have visualized what it will look like and you probably have several Pinterest boards created of your perfect day. At this point, you may be thinking that you can plan your wedding yourself with the help of family and friends.
Remember that your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. You want to be able to enjoy your day and not have the stress of planning and executing your dream wedding. Even if you are a DIY person you should hire a wedding planner for the day-of setup and coordination. You want your family and friends to enjoy their day at your wedding – not have them setting up your tables, chairs, decorations, etc. It is also best to have a wedding planner to deal with any unexpected issues that may come up. A wedding planner has the experience to review contracts, create schedules, assist with vendor coordination, and just make sure everything goes smoothly which keeps you stress free.
Still not convinced? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a punctual person that can create and follow a schedule? If not, you should hire a wedding planner to keep everyone on task and ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Are you an organized person? Planning a wedding requires a lot of detail oriented organization – reviewing contracts, proofreading invitations, preparing seating charts, vendor coordination, schedules, decorations and the details of the main event. Is this a task you really want to do?
- Do you work well with deadlines? When planning a wedding your vendors require deposits and payments to be made on time. It could be very costly or you could even potentially lose a vendor if you don’t meet their deadlines.
- Are you planning on family and friends helping you? While they have good intentions when they say they will help, can you really depend on family and friends to do the job and to do it well? With a wedding planner you can count on them doing the job right and not worrying about it on your wedding day. As a bride, you will have so many special moments on your wedding day. You don’t want to overshadow your joy with worrying about the details. Enjoy your time with your friends and family and let them enjoy their time as well. If your friends are in your wedding party it will be difficult for them to help you on the day of the wedding – how can your friend send everyone down the aisle if she is supposed to be going down the aisle herself? How are they supposed to get their hair and make-up done if they are setting up your wedding? This is a perfect scenario for a day-of wedding planner.
- Will your fiancée/significant other be helping in the planning? If they are planning on helping that’s fantastic! See number 4 above though about enjoying the wedding day. If they are not planning on helping you need to be careful not to spend so much time working on wedding “stuff” that they feel left out or ignored. You don’t want them to be resentful of your how much time you are spending on the wedding planning.
Have you decided now that you really do need a wedding planner after all? Contact us at C Squared Events LLC to help you with your dream day! Call or text 407-760-1396 or e-mail Csquared_events@yahoo.com